St Bartholomew's, Waltham
In the Norman's Domsday Book there is no mention of a church at Waltham prior to the conquest. In 1185 the manor of Waltham was granted to the Knight Templers and for some years after the village was known as Temple or Temple Waltham.
The current church dates from the thirteenth century. The central tower was restored in 1808 but still stands on its original thirteenth century footings. The central tower, between the fourteenth century nave and the chancel, holds a ring of six bells. The four oldest bells were made by Joseph Hatch in the seventeenth century. The gallery at the western end of the nave dates from the eighteenth century.