St Mary the Virgin, Hastingleigh
St. Mary the Virgin is situated in a beautiful quiet valley about a mile from the village centre of Hastingleigh. Worship is recorded from 1293 but there was probably a church here prior to 1066. Today in its well kept and florally decorated interior there are some fine pieces of craftsmanship from local sculptor, Michael Rust and local artist, the late Gordon Davis. There is also a very symbolic and attractive all seasons altar frontal.
Hastingleigh is part of the United Wye Benefice and one of the four “up the hill” parishes; hence there are close links with Elmsted, Petham and Waltham. Services are at 11 a.m. on the 1st, 3rd and 4th Sundays. On the 2nd Sunday there is a joint family service in Bodsham C of E primary school, which is shared with the parishes of Elmsted and Waltham.